Sunday, August 19, 2012

Our Adventure

One of our favorite family activities is to take a hike in the woods. This summer has been way too hot to hike, but today was a beautiful "preview of fall" kind of day.

I love the smell of the woods in the fall. The sweet, earthy scent that overwhelms you. Warm sun shining down on you and crunchy leaves that are just waiting to be stepped on. We got lucky today and saw a deer, a couple of cool dead catfish and a funny shrimp thing. But I think the most fun was when we found a corner of the lake that was almost void of water. There was thick mud and we all threw rocks into it. Something about hearing the squish of the mud was soo much fun!

I'm glad that as parents, Nate and I are able to pass down our love of nature to our kids. Every time we head out into the woods, it's an adventure!!!





Eating some lunch before we go on a hike.





My big boy!

Gabs and our deer friend.

Throwing rocks in the mud!!!

I told Gabs to make a "serious face". I love it!!!!!

My little sunshine boy.

Dub Dub and Daddy.

He likes to be carried on our hikes.

Cool!

Exploring.

So many things to discover.

No comments: