Monday, October 12, 2009

Zekey

The past week has been one of the most difficult weeks ever. As soon as Aylah got over her sickness, Ezekiel got sick. He had the same thing as she had, but his fever went away much faster than hers did. I thought he was getting better, but last Sunday he started getting even more sick. His temperature went back up and he had this horrible cough. The worst was that he started to not be able to breathe. He was still acting like himself and running around, so Nathan and I thought that if he just sat down he would be better. But that wasn't the case. One of the hardest things as a parent is trying to decide what your child needs when they're sick. We didn't know if we should take him to the emergency room or just wait until the morning and take him to his doctor. Finally, Nathan and I both agreed that he needed to go to the hospital. Nathan took him and by the time they got there, Ezekiel's throat was almost completely closed up. I can't even think about what might have happened had we not taken him to the hospital. They gave him a shot of a steroid, epinephrine and oxygen. He was there for a couple of hours, but was able to come home. The doctor at the ER prescribed some insanely strong steroids for him. Little did we know that it was too much for his little body to handle and by Wednesday he was so dehydrated, we had to take him back to the doctor. He was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday and he had to stay there until Friday evening. Our poor baby! He had croup, but the main problem was how dehydrated he was. Nathan stayed both nights with him in the hospital. And I spent the days with him. I started having contractions on Wednesday from the stress, but thankfully once I laid down, they went away.
He's home now and he's doing so much better. It was so scary when he was that sick. He was like a little rag doll.
My doctor is going to induce me on November 1st if baby doesn't come before that. I think I'm ok with staying pregnant for a little bit longer. I feel like I have so many things to do before he comes. I'm excited to not be pregnant, but I still want to enjoy these last couple of weeks of pregnancy. As long as everyone is well, our baby boy can come whenever he wants!




Malachi and Aylah on picture day



They have the same smile :)



Gabs loves her little brother. She was a good care giver

He was so exhausted, he couldn't even keep his eyes open

This makes me sad to even look at. He was very brave though!

Malachi and Aylah at "Kids in the Kitchen"
Feeling good enough to be silly!

No comments: