Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall

Fall weather has finally made it's way to Ohio. We've been enjoying the change in seasons, although it has brought some coughs and sniffles. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and I have an upper respiratory infection. Thankfully I'm taking medicine now that should clear it up quickly. Gabs and Zekey are both very good at playing together (or by themselves), so I'm able to kind of get some rest. I've been consistently measuring a week bigger. I'm not sure if my doctor will use that as my due date. If so, I'll be due on Halloween. I hope he doesn't come on Halloween though! I'll go back on Monday to see when I can be induced. This is the first pregnancy where I really feel in no hurry to have the baby. This has really been an easy pregnancy (as easy as pregnancy can be) and even though he's big and it hurts a little when he moves around, I absolutely love feeling my baby inside of me. I really feel like he will come when he's supposed to. I would love to say that I'm going to try to not be induced this time, but with four other kids, it's pretty important to be able to plan when I have the baby.
This past weekend some good friends of ours got married. Malachi and Aylah were the ring bearer and flower girl. They were so cute. Nathan and some friends brewed some special wedding beer. Everyone was amazed at how good it was. It really is impressive that Nathan has gotten so good at brewing amazing beer. I'm looking forward to having some in the future :)
One of our favorite things to do as a family (actually, there isn't anything we *don't* do as a family) is to go to a local store called The Anderson's. They have great samples the kids love, a great selection of food and beer and they have all of their fall and Christmas decorations out which we all enjoy. It's always funny to see people's expressions when we walk in with so many kids. But having a large family is something Nathan and I feel called to do. We sacrifice a lot, but there is nothing better than being able to be with our kids and raise them to be the absolute best people God wants them to be. Fall is filled with so many little family traditions of ours. We have just as much fun doing things with the kids as they do. And it's exciting to think that in a few weeks we will be adding another member to our family. God has been very good to us.

Our camera is the worst ever. I don't know what happened to it,but it just doesn't take good pictures anymore. The pictures of Aylah and Malachi at the wedding didn't turn out well at all. :(


This was the end of funny pictures in the van. Aylah and Zekey had enough.











Malachi and Aylah look like twins.













No comments: