Friday, September 25, 2009

Update

I've once again been bad about updating my blog. I haven't been feeling the greatest the past few weeks. The pregnancy was going really well, up until about 3 weeks ago. I have horrible asthma and allergies and they get even worse when I'm pregnant. The change from Summer to Fall is the worst time of year for me. So I've had this ongoing asthma/allergy/cold thing for the past few weeks. I have to do breathing treatments several times a day. Yuck. And my body is finally feeling the effects of growing babies so many times. My feet hurt, my hips hurt, my lower back hurts. Ok, pretty much my entire body hurts. I've had to modify my exercise, because my body just doesn't move right anymore. I was afraid that the baby wasn't growing properly, because I thought my stomach was smaller than it should be. But at my last doctor's appointment, he was actually measuring a week bigger. Wonderful news for me! I'm just carrying him differently than any of the other ones. He's all out in the front, not all over like I've been in past pregnancies. I really, really don't like the way I look when I'm pregnant, but this little guy has definitely been kind to me. I crave really weird things like raw vegetables and ice water. It's so strange. I could honestly eat cucumbers and celery all day long. I guess if I'm going to crave something, it might as well be something healthy! My next doctor's appointment is on Monday. I'm going to ask her when I can be induced. I was going to try really hard to be patient and let the baby come when he wants to this time, but I really want him here in no more than four weeks. In the meantime, I'm going to try to enjoy every last minute of being pregnant. I feel so blessed to have five kids. It's amazing to me that God has given us so many little lives that bring so much joy and happiness into our lives. But I'm also really glad that this will be the last baby. Unless God really wants us to have more. But I'm pretty sure my body is done growing babies! :)
















2 comments:

nate said...

You look so gorgeous. wow! I am a lucky guy!

JennyLee said...

I agree, you look amazing! Pregnancy looks good on you. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Hopefully it passes soon.