Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another trip to the lake without kids? What??!!?

This weekend Nate and I had an impromptu opportunity to go back to Lake of the Ozarks. We found out Friday afternoon that we were going early Saturday morning. Our sweet friends, Mike and Andrea, were more than willing to stay with the kids over the weekend.

We went to Tan-Tar-A for kind of a work thing, but mostly fun. I think I might have gone there when I was younger. My parents were spur of the moment vacationers. In fact, my mom came up with a name for the last minute mini vacations we would take- "Doo-dahs". It sound silly, but as soon as my older brother, Paul, and I heard her singing, "I know something you don't know, Doo-dah, doo-dah," we knew we were in for some serious fun. I'll certainly write a blog post about "Doo-dahs" in the future! (:

My favorite thing about Tan-Tar-A is the history behind it. It was built in 1960 and it's somehow managed to keep the charm and character of that time period. For most of the day on Saturday, we lounged in both of the pools there. It was fun to be without the kids, but there were so many families there, it was hard not to think about how much fun the kids would have there too. It's definitely a place we want to take the kids in the near future!

On the drive home, we stopped to take some artsy fartsy pictures. I've gotta hand it to my husband of almost nine years- he let me listen to Jimmy Eat World on the way home and he sporadically pulled over in a farmer's field to take some pictures. Be still my heart!!!

Tan-Tar-A

The amazing pool and view of the lake.

Me and Nate <3

My favorite artsy fartsy shot.

I love this picture! He indulged me by letting me take his picture, even though the farmer was driving by and waving at us from his tractor! (:

All in all, it was a very fun, relaxing weekend. We even got home in time today to swim in the pool in our backyard and work on a 1000 piece puzzle. Oh yeah, and go grocery shopping with only two kiddos. Talk about a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

DevynBeth said...

I love it! You deserve some big people getaways! And I love the term "DooDah" how cute, I think we need a boombah shockah DooDah.. what do you think?