Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Beginning

Originally I wanted this blog to be filled with all of my "intelligent" thoughts and ideas. But then every time I sat down to write something, all I could think about was something silly the kids did or the way their faces looked as the spun around dancing to music. So I've decided to "write what I know". And honestly, there's nothing that I know better than my family.

My first post will just be introducing my family...

Nathan and I met in March of 2002 at a Ben Fold's concert. It was very random. We exchanged email addresses, after I took pictures of him and his friends with Ben Folds. Luckily, I got a picture of the two of us as well. This is us the night we met











We have four children. Malachi just turned 5. He definitely fits the role of first born. He loves to learn. He loves to play. He's so smart, sometimes I forget that he's only 5. Here he is decorating a cookie.











Aylah is 3 1/2. She's our little sweetheart. She loves playing mommy. She has such a kind heart, but she keeps up with her big brother! Here's Aylah loving on her little sister.












And then there's Gabrielle. She's 22 months and we call her Gabs. She's our little spitfire. Anytime there's music, you'll find her busting a move! Here she is wearing her favorite jacket.











Our baby is Ezekiel. He's 6 months old, and he has a whole house full of people cattering to his every need. He's the happiest baby I've ever seen. He loves to laugh and smile. Here's a picture of Ezekiel being his smiley self.



















Around Christmas, the two old ladies who live across the street from us came over and brought us gifts. They brought over baskets filled with things they've collected over the years. Sisters, both in their late 70's, they had an endless amount of books and nicknacks to share with us. While the kids were scouring through their gifts, the younger sister leaned over and said, "I just love looking out my window and watching you all live your life." Such a simple thing. Through the day, I can see her standing at her living room window just waiting for a glimpse of the kids. It made me happy to think that our every day life can bring her so much happiness.


So, I hope that through writing about our every day life, I can bring anyone who reads this some kind of happiness and encouragement. I'll try and throw in an "intelligent" blog every once in a while. But I'm pretty sure any story I have to tell about my four little kiddos would be much more interesting than any thoughts or ideas I could ever have!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this and I am in love with your writing. You ran me through every emotion. At first it was "awww" and then I smiled and even laughed. The neighbor story actually made me cry. That's the sweetest story I've heard in a long time. You are such an amazing mother. You love those children so much. I really look up to you. And I love how strong you are. You may not feel it, but it takes alot strengh to do what you're doing. I wish I had that.
I can't wait to read more! I love you!

nate said...

This is a great blog! Even though you said you decided not to write about anything "intellectual," I think this is a good mixture of both "intellectual," and "what you know." Love!

nate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.