Friday, November 2, 2012

Traditions

 It's always interesting to me when a new tradition is created. I'm a big fan of traditions. I love telling the kids, "in a few weeks we'll be doing this tradition." They get so excited, and of course, memories are made every time.

Last year I started a new tradition- our Halloween Party. I'm actually not a huge fan of Halloween. I know, crazy, right? But it kind of stresses me out having the kids walk around in the street in the dark (we don't have sidewalks) and then the candy aftermath- yeah, the candy alone makes me not like Halloween. But last year I decided to make some spooky food to eat before trick or treating. And thus the Halloween Party tradition began.

This year was especially fun because I was able to find all kinds of fun ideas on Pinterest and I've gotten pretty good at time management. I did wait until the day of Halloween to make my menu and go shopping (procrastination dies hard), but I was able to get everything completely and totally done in time for everyone to enjoy themselves and have time to get their costumes on.

Usually we have a traditional Pumpkin Party before the Halloween Party, but since It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown came on tv the night of Halloween, we'll be doing the Pumpkin Party tonight. I always feel like those parties are the kick off to the fun traditions we have this busy time of year! (:



I love, love, love cooking food for parties. An afternoon in the kitchen is my idea of a good time.


Gabs isn't so sure about the "gholuish punch."

Mummy pizza.

Mummy cookie pops. These were a huge hit and so easy to make!

Gabs looking at the yummy veggies!

They decided to call the punch "monster blood" instead.

Z man!

Goofy Malachi.

Tasty!

All fueled up and ready to trick or treat!

Even Micah likes the Mummy Pizza!!!






2 comments:

DevynBeth said...

I am pretty sure you are SuperMom the super hero, just sayin

Big Head, Little Body said...

Aww, thanks, Devyn! (: